Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lower Don Sign


Lower Don Sign, May 2005

July 2005

October 2008

One of the first interpretive signs in the Don was placed beside the Lower Don Trail at one end of the footbridge that crosses the river near Riverdale Park. Unfortunately, for as long as I can remember, it has collected a variety of unsightly graffiti tags. As you can see from the first two pictures it became progressively worse. Earlier this year it was almost completely covered with paint.

I complained several times about this to the city but couldn't get anyone to take responsibility. Recently though the city replaced the sign with a new one, but as you can see from the latest picture it's been tagged again. I took this picture on Friday and the paint was fresh. This time around I have been assured (by reliable sources) that city staff will keep on top of it. I sent this picture to the parks supervisor so I hope they can get to it next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: