Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hike in Taylor Creek Park

On Sunday July 5, I led my 3rd of 6 hikes for the summer. It was a warm sunny day and 52 people showed up. The route I chose went from the Victoria Park Subway Station and went through Taylor Creek Park to the Don River. I then led the hike along a biking trail known as "The Flats". The hike ended at Pottery Road and Broadview. After the hike a number of hikers went for a beverage (or two) at Whistler's Bar and Grill.

My next hike is scheduled for Sunday July 19, 1 PM, starting at Overlea Blvd and Thorncliffe Park Drive (east). It will head down the Don ending up at the Distillery District.


Map of the hike. I prepared this map for a hiker who wanted to know where the best drop out points were. These are marked on the map.


Getting started in Taylor Creek Park


Walking by the garbage dump in Stan Wadlow Park


Making our way along a trail in the woods


Climbing over a trail obstacle


A forest setting

I led the hike by the Elevated Wetlands. We got to walk underneath a waterfall!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Are there any park or day fees to access Taylor Creek Park? Thanks!

Donavan said...

Hi Tracy, I don't believe there are any fees. At least there were none when I was there about 18 months ago.
Cheers,
Donavan