Sunday, April 18, 2010

Todmorden Mills Cleanup 2010


A small but hardy group picked up litter and garbage at Todmorden Mills

In an April that has seen some unusually warm days, Saturday's chilly wet weather was more to what we are used to. Perhaps that is one of the reasons that only 20 people showed up. Still we picked up a fair bit of litter. I've been attending these events over the past few years (see 2009, 2007, 2006) and I can tell you that there is much less litter than there used to be.

The most interesting piece was part of truck's exhaust pipe which I picked up beside the DVP off-ramp. I lugged the thing back to the building area and put it down. As it hit the ground with a thud, a mouse popped out of the end and sat stunned on the ground. He must have been using the pipe as a home. It didn't take long for him to scurry away. I am sure he found a new home somewhere close by.

No comments: