Sunday, August 14, 2005

Wetlands are the Best Lands

While I'm not one to toot my own horn very often, I am quite proud of my latest publication. My newest creation is now on the city's website and can be viewed at: http://www.toronto.ca/don/wetlands.htm.

This section expands the old section about the Task Force's restoration sites to include new material on Riverdale Park East, Binscarth Ravine, Nordheimer Ravine, and the Beltline Pond in Moore Park Ravine. While wetlands are highlighted, nearby terrestrial sites are also documented.

I retained the old pages about Riverdale Farm Ponds and Chester Springs Marsh but there is certainly room for updated text and photos. In addition, I am now working on new sections for Helliwell's Hill and the riparian restoration on the Lower Don. Eventually I hope to include a section for the Brick Works even though it is not a site that was initiated by the Task Force.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Thanks for letting me know about it.

Anonymous said...

If I see any rocs or ankhegs I'll try and post a picture. :-)