Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spring Things

Spring has come to the Don Valley and there are plenty of events to get you going. Here's a rundown on some of them

Friends of the Don East have a busy schedule with nine events starting this past weekend with the Todmorden Mills cleanup yesterday (which I missed because of a lingering cold).

The Taylor Massey Project also has a few events lined up for their neck of the woods.

Bring Back the Don has events scheduled. These can be viewed by reading their newsletter which is posted online in PDF format.

The city has also posted a summary of events which includes some duplicates from other groups that are co-sponsored.

The TRCA's Paddle the Don event is scheduled for May 4 this year. Canoeing the river adds a whole new perspective to the valley.

If anyone knows of other Don connected events let me know and I will post them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not so much an event but today while I was riding down the don I saw a large model boat anchored just south of the Queen St. bridge. I thought maybe you would know something about it.

Anonymous said...

I am a student looking to use one of your photos that you have taken.
It is a picture of the snow dumping right beside the don valley river. I would like to use it for a project tomorrow and if you don't mind me using it, would you just post a comment on this blog as a response. I will be checking it over the next 24 hours for a response.

Thank you: Toronto student

Donwatcher said...

To Toronto Student,

You have my permission. Just be sure to reference the picture properly in your report.